Wednesday, September 9, 2009

No leftovers for me today

I worked so hard last night on dinner... I made a fisherman's pie. Not that it's the hardest recipe to make or anything but it just seemed to wear me out for some reason. Chopping onion, carrot... peeling potatoes. You make homemade mashed potatoes to go on top, which is something I rarely do. I usually just make instant. Cut up raw peices of fish into inch size bites... stripped off the skin... yuck...yuck...yuck. Made mexican cornbread to go with it. There was plenty left over, more than half of the meal... It was pretty big, enough to feed six. I was so looking forward to having it for lunch today. While cleaning the kitchen, Bobby actually helped me last night! But he said it was too hot to put in the fridge so he just put it in the microwave. Well, guess what!? I woke up this morning... popped open the microwave and there it was, my beautiful fisherman's pie... I immediately ran to the internet to do a search hoping that cooked fish was safe to eat after leaving out for over 12 hours (knowing better, but really hoping!) Well, yeah... it's not safe apparently. Grrrrr.... So sad... I'm so sad...

On a more cheerful note. I sold two items from my Etsy shop over the weekend. Yay!!!

4 comments:

Jill said...

Oh no! I hate that you only got one meal out of all that hard work but I'm sure it was delicous! Congratulations on your sales!

Mrs. Jennifer said...

That is the worst feeling! Trust me, I know! I do stuff like that all the time. And being that I am the cheapest person you know - it's double bad.
Anyway - you gotta post that recipe. Sounds like something my fam would luuuuuv.

~ Regan said...

Aw, man!!! I have had that happen to me a few times too. It would only happen to something you really really want, right? Too bad.... Good thing it's Bobby's fault! :)

Cindy said...

That's awful about the Fisherman's Pie. I'm glad you checked before eating any of it. You definitely don't want to get food poisoning.

Congratulations on the sales. Your shop is doing great.

I'm getting my Etsy shop setup. I'm hoping it will do well like yours. Wish me luck.