Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Sleep over

I am having a slumber party... well sort of, I guess you could say Lexie is. We have over 3 girls. One is 16 and the other two are 12. They are older than Lexie but it's working out pretty well so far. They came over last night and are spending the night again tonight. One of the girls is staying until Saturday! This is something I am definitely not used to! Having a house full of this many people is certainly interesting. I was actually brave enough to pile everyone in the van today and go to Walmart! That was six of us! It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, actually it was kind of nice to have everyone help bring the groceries in! I could get used to this! I do regret spending the whole day cleaning the house in preparation for them, because it was totally in vain! It is a wreck now... I doubt they even noticed that it was cleaned up in the first place... They have been playing with my clay... Ohhhh how hard it has been for me... you have no idea! They are using way way too much and blending all of my colors together... I'm trying so hard to not freak out! I've been telling them to make small things, but they aren't really listening... Bri, one of the girls has been very careful to use only small amounts but, Lexie and the other little girl, not so much! I'm trying so hard to be cool about it. And oh my goodness they do not want to get quiet! It's 12:15 and Tad won't go to sleep... hmmm I wonder why... Anyway, I just want to be the nice mom and for everyone to like me. I hate to have to yell at them. Last night they didn't go to sleep until after 3 am. I had to move them to the living room because I was scared they were going to wake Tad up... Lexie's room is right beside his. I am enjoying having them here though... it's really nice to have a house full of kids! I just wish they would go to sleep!!!

6 comments:

MamaHen said...

Girl, you are a better woman than me!

Linda said...

We had our first big sleepover a few months ago -- whew! My middle daughter's 8th birthday -- 12 little girls slept over. I agree on the why bother cleaning first front! :) Btw, I have an award for you! Busy celebrating all things lovely :) -- please come by when you have a chance.

Jennifer Slye said...

Girl - quick run back to Walmart and buy an economy size pack of play dough!! Hope Tad stays well!! I'm so worried about it! Have fun, at least the girls want to be at YOUR house! Your the COOL mom!

Cindy said...

Sounds like fun!! Better you than me. I'm not good at handling all the noise. I never have been. I'm a quiet person since birth.

Have fun!

~Cindy

CailinMarie said...

hey, followed a link from Linda Benson's "oh so pretty blog"
wow - there is no way I'd say yes to more than one night at a time. you go mom!!

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention their attempt at swimming even though it was not at all warm! I still don't see how they could get in there....

-Julia