Saturday, March 21, 2009

Feather fiasco

Ok.....so, it didn't fit. I had to make a new dog bed. I had an old feather bed that I was going to throw away. A king size one, so it's really big. Well, Mom advised me to sew it up really good before I cut it. Did I listen? No. In my defense, I did try but it was going to take forever. So, I got the brilliant idea to sew it on my sewing machine. Way to big!!! I broke my freakin needle. So yeah, I cut it, without sewing it up first. FEATHERS EVERYWHERE!!! Yeah I know, what did I expect... Luckily the hubby's not home so he didn't see the feather fiasco. He would have made fun of me, which wouldn't have matters any better. Ok, so anyway, I cut it and replaced the needle on the machine. Not a heavy duty needle I think it's for real thin material because it is really tiny and it took me forever to thread... sewed it up and put it in the slipcover I made for the other bed. It works. Still haven't come up with a way to close it up so I just left the open side up against the wall and hopefully Eddie won't be too wiggly... yeah right...Here are some pincushions I made and the cute little decorative pins Mom and I made yesterday. I also covered Eddie's leash to match the dog bed, It looks way better in the picture! I did a horrible job and will have to get him a new leash. Hey, I tried though...

No comments: