Monday, October 26, 2009

Pumpkin seeds

I'm so exhausted... going on maybe 2 1/2 hours of sleep. For some reason I can't seem to sleep well here lately. Anyway, the house is a total disaster and I have no idea why in the world I am sitting here blogging about basically nothing. I do have pumpkin seeds in the oven though. Hopefully they will turn out good. I've always just thrown out my pumpkin seeds after carving a pumpkin (which Lexie and Bobby did last night... I sat here and watched.) So this time, I decided since pumpkin seeds are supposed to be healthy... I'd try my hand at roasting some... or toasting... whatever you want to call it.

Ok, just taste tested a few, and they're pretty good. I boiled them in salty water first before putting them in the oven. They aren't quite as crunchy as I would like, so I'll keep them in there alittle longer... Hopefully I won't burn them! If they turn out really great I'll be sure to post the really simple recipe for you.

2 comments:

~ Regan said...

mmm, I love pumpkin seeds... I don't usually boil mine, just wash and dry, shake in a bag with melted butter, salt or garlic salt, bake! I can't wait to see your recipe!

Cindy said...

I've never tried them before. Maybe one day. Have a great and safe Halloween.

Cindy