Friday, April 24, 2009

Being thankful

So today while outside planting some new plants, my mind kept wandering off to the things I like and the things I dislike. Who know's why... I just couldn't stop thinking about it. Such as...

I don't like...
  • Flying insects (including butterflys and moths) (Fireflies and Ladybugs excluded)
  • Fire ants
  • Spiders
  • Bad gardening gloves
  • Hornets in my house (yes I've had 2 in the last 24 hours... that's a story I'll have to tell later)
  • Not having money
  • Cellulite and my back fat that rolls over my bra
  • Dry itchy skin
Yes, the list could go on, but as I was thinking all of this, I kept telling myself to just keep coming up with more of the things that I really love. Who knows why this has been in my head this morning, maybe it's my subconscious telling me that I need to be more thankful. Hmmmm...

Things I love: (in no particular order)
  • Five hour energy shots
  • Red breasted robins
  • Springtime and Autumn
  • Cute socks
  • Crocs
  • Polymer clay
  • Marlboro menthol (yeah, I know I was supposed to be quitting)
  • Ribbon
  • Anything toile
  • Roosters, (not actual roosters although I'm sure they are nice and all but I'm talking about things with pictures of roosters on them)
  • Diet Grapico
  • My Sony Alpha 300
  • Drains that flow properly
  • Chardonnay
  • Baby kisses
  • Tulips
  • My trips to visit Jan and Jim (aunt and uncle)
  • Lip balm!
  • Cheese dip (really, most dips... I could dip anything, yeah, I'm a dipper...)
  • Purple
  • The smell of basil and cilantro (not together, of course)
  • My dads Moose food (he just calls it that, its really just the best nachos ever)
  • Camping
  • Target clearance
  • Surprises from Bobby... he's always bringing me home little goodies, even if it's just from a gumball machine
  • Fresh flowers in my kitchen
  • Fat free French vanilla coffee creamer
  • My garbage disposal
  • Watching Heroes on Monday nights
  • Cream cheese
  • My Shabby Chic duvets and quilt
  • The way my Mom and Dad light up every time they see my children
Of course my family, but that goes without saying. This list could go on. I'll probably think of plenty more as the day goes on, and I'm not even really sure why I'm even putting this on here. But, you know, thinking about all of the little things you're grateful for sometimes helps put you in a better frame of mind. Even kind of cheers you up...




If you have the time, post some of the tings you are thankful for in my comment section. I'd love to see them.


3 comments:

sudore said...

Well, first off I am thankful for my wonderful daughter & my fantastic grandchildren. The list could go on & on but I will just post this for now. Oh,& all my family, cruise control, down comforters, flowers, clouds, stars & the moon, sorry honey but butterflies & ok, I will stop now. Oh yeah, God too, which should not be last on my list. Ok, I am done.
Love,
Mom

Cindy said...

Hi Courtney

Things I dislike
1. Spiders (more like hate)
2. Bugs
3. Extremely hot days
4. Hot wings
5. Having no money
6. Having no job
7. People arguing (especially Mom & Dad)
8. Oysters
9. Going to the doctor
10. Ant bites
11. Being told what to do (I'm grown)

Things I love
1. My family and my two pups Charlie & Annie
2. Making pincushions
3. Flowers
4. Swimming
5. Sunrises and sunsets
6. Slurpee's
7. Taking photos (probably my favorite thing)
8. Meeting new friends
9. Blogging
10. Watching Harpers Island (new show)
11. The number 11 or 111
12. Loons (the water fowl/bird)

Just to name a few of each. Great post. Have a great day and a wonderful weekend.

Cindy

Jim said...

Hey kiddo . . . been watching from afar. Sort of like God . . . you know He's watching-you just don't always know it!

Things I dislike (at least for today):
1) Getting older (49y, 7m)
2) Blended scotch
3) Sperm donor (Susan's ex/MY girls' biological unit)
4) Big fat belly that makes me suck in whenever I fasten my pants
5) BHO, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid

Things I like:
1) Having a family (even if they do drive me batshit on occasion)
2) Kelsey
3) Completing a run
4) Single Malt Scotch, preferably 15 year old Balvenie
5) Forgiveness
6) Good friends
7) Good neighbors
8) GREAT family (even if they do drive me batshit sometime)
9) Red wine (preferably Italian)
10) Seeing my cousin Courtney having it together despite everything else else

love you kiddo
Jim(my)