Monday, June 22, 2009

Easy set pools....not so easy set

Well, tonight we're having Lexie's birthday party. Yesterday was her birthday, but she spent it with her Dad, so we're celebrating tonight. I got this brilliant idea yesterday to buy her one of those easy set inflatable pools. It's 15' x 48". I wanted to have it set up so that she would see it this morning when she got home. You know... a big birthday surprise! So yeah... Easy set pools are not so easy to set. It said no ground prep and no sand. It does have to be on level ground however. Very level ground. So yeah, there was lots of ground prep, and I mean lots! Plus all of the hundreds or should I say thousands of tiny rocks that had to be picked out of this 15' round level spot. We worked on it all night. I finally got to bed at close to 5 a.m. Bobby fell asleep outside by the pool! But it is finally up. The filter's not going yet, but we'll get to that eventually. So today I've been trying to clean house and get ready for Mom and Dad coming tonight. The house is a mess... there's mud and sand (from the patio we built this week) all over my floors. And I still have to go to the store to buy the stuff for the Poop on a stick! (see previous post) Why am I sitting here blogging? I guess I just needed a break. Gotta go now... more work to do.

4 comments:

MamaHen said...

Those things are never as easy as you think they will be. For me anyway. Hope you all have a great party!

Cindy said...

If there's set-up involved you can bet it's not easy. Wish Lexie a Happy Birthday from me (even tho' she has no idea who I am). Enjoy the poop on a stick - can't believe I just said that.

Cindy

Mrs. Jennifer said...

Are you kidding!?! That's the best time to blog - when there are a thousand different things you need to get done!

~Crystal~ said...

We got one of those pools also. And you are right, it has to be very level ground! We raked the ground, but we too had more tiny rocks than we could possibly get rid of. So, we bought some already cut, indoor/outdoor carpet. We put that down first, then a heavy duty tarp. It worked great!