Monday, June 29, 2009

My embarrassing moment last Thursday...

So let me set the scene for you... My yard is a total mess... Construction zone as I've been calling it. Shoes on the porch, tee shirts laying around, empty water bottles, lumber, tools, mud all over the patio (that's not finished, by the way) It is bad... I'm telling you, very trashy looking. We have been doing a lot of work, putting up the pool, building the patio, starting a fence... so I haven't really been cleaning the yard up... oh and an empty baby pool just sitting out in the back of the yard. So... ok... It was last Thursday and apparently I forgot that it was Lexie's Thursday with her dad. We're splashing and playing in the pool and who walks up in my back yard... The one person who I would never want to see all of my mess... Lexie's stepmom. Miss Put Together... In her heels, standing in my muddy yard, hair slicked back, Chanel sunglasses, buisness suit... Yeah, you can imagine... I'm there in my tiny pool splashing around, no make up (or what was left of it smeared all over my face from being in the pool) I look up and there she is, who know's how long she'd been standing there. I am just thankful to God that I didn't have on my swimming goggles. That would have just been the icing on the cake! She said she called, but we didn't answer to let us know that it was their Thursday. Oops! I was so embarrassed! Then I had to climb my white flabby I've-had-2-kids body (in my red bikini) in front of her and her I've-had-no-kids-I-look-fabuluous-body, and walk quite a long distance to grab my towel and cover up very quickly. It was like one of those slow motion moments, where I just wanted to crawl under the pool and stay there. I could have just died! She was very nice and was very understanding about my forgetfulness, but none the less.. I was mortified! Yard, patio and deck in total dissaray, red bikini, me wearing Bobbys way too big for me shoes, hair tangled horribly from doing flips in the pool, streaked mascara all under my eyes, and well... you can imagine... It was so just embarrassing.

If you've been wondering (probably haven't) but I have been doing some crafting here lately. I know I haven't been posting about it lately... I have not given up on my clay... It's just been quite busy around here lately, with all of the yard work, 3 birthdays and Fathers day this month... I will be getting some pictures up soon of all the stuff I've been making. Plus I still want to set up my Etsy shop and have been working on taking pictures for that.

Until next time...

2 comments:

MamaHen said...

So sorry it was embarrassing. Hopefully you are giving it more thought than she is!

Cindy said...

Hey Courtney. I'm sorry you were embarrassed. I've been there. Different situation, but still I wish I could have found a hole to crawl in. Believe me the feeling will pass.

Have a great week.